California Industrial Powder Coating Services
Maas Brothers’ industrial and commercial powder coating capabilities include both automated (conveyor) powder coating lines and batch powder coating services for both high and low volume production – prototypes, too.
Conveyorized Powder Coating Services
With one of Northern California’s fastest and most cost-effective conveyor systems we can satisfy all of your industrial and commercial powder coating needs.
Our conveyor facilities include:
- Two full conveyor systems-
- Our small line accommodates parts up to 4′
- Our large line accommodates parts up to 12’6″
- Computerized automated spray booths assuring consistency of color and film thickness
- New state of the art quick color change booth with powder reclaim capabilities
- New priming capabilities
- IR (infrared) gel ovens
- Multi stage closed loop cleaning, washing and sealing
- Multiple well lit inspection areas
- As well as blasting, masking, plugging, and light assembly
- Color matching capabilities
Batch Commercial Powder Coating
With over 20 years of experience in custom powder coating, we have served a wide range of industries including medical, lighting and precision sheet metal manufacturers as well as custom work on bicycles, motorcycles and hot rods.
Our batch facility includes:
- 2 powder booths
- 2 ovens (13’x10’x10′) and (24’x8’x8′)
- We offer polyester, epoxy, polyurethane and polyester TGIC coatings
- Variety of finishes- smooth, textured, matte, satin, high gloss, etc
- 600+ color samples on display and hundreds of powders in stock
- AAMA 2604 & 2605 certified
- As well as, blasting, iron phosphate pre-treatments, masking, plugging, and light assembly
- Color matching capabilities
Metal Substrates Maas Brothers Powder Coats
We work with customers to powder coat projects using a wide variety of metal substrates including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, zinc-plated steel, carbon steel, hot-dip galvanized steel, cold/hot rolled steel, nickel- and tin-plated aluminum, iron, cast metal, hot-dip galvanized, silver- and tin-plated copper, zinc, and more.
What is Powder Coating?
Powder coating is the fastest-growing finishing technology in North America.
Powder coatings are easy to use, environmentally friendly, cost-effective, and tough. Powder coated products are more resistant to diminished coating quality as a result of an impact, moisture, chemicals, ultraviolet light, and other extreme weather conditions. In turn, this reduces the risk of scratches, chipping, abrasions, corrosion, fading, and other wear issues.
Powder coating is a method of applying a functional, protective and/or decorative finish to a wide range of parts and comes in an almost limitless range of colors and textures. The powder used for the process is a mixture of finely ground particles of pigment and resin, which is sprayed with a special spray gun that electrostatically charges the powder. The charged powder particles adhere to the electrically grounded parts until heated and fuse into a smooth coating in a curing oven. This results in a smooth continuous coating that is highly durable, scratch, and chip resistant.iron